1. Sesame Street and CBeebies are making a new show together next year.
AND ELMO AND THE COOKIE MONSTER WILL BE IN IT.
2. There hasn’t been a Sesame Street show on British TV since 2001, when Channel 4 cruelly cancelled it.
3. The show consists of Muppets working in a hotel, so it’s called THE FURCHESTER.
The Furchester is about a close-knit family of cheerfully incompetent monsters who own and operate an ‘almost’ world-class hotel.
As the Furchester family scrambles to meet the needs of its guests, the monsters will use some exceptionally fuzzy thinking to devise solutions. Some of the solutions even work!
- Greece has a new finance minister after Yanis Varoufakis resigned on Monday following the country's "no" vote on austerity measures tied to further bailout funds.
- The South Carolina Senate is debating a bill calling for the removal of the Confederate battle flag from statehouse grounds.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.