1. It started with contestant Diana removing Iain’s baked Alaska from the freezer while it was setting.
2. Iain was not impressed by this at all.
3. Diana then said this.
So Iain decided to check whether his baked Alaska was OK. It really wasn’t.
6. So then, impulsively, Iain threw his cake in the bin.
7. This was Diana’s reaction.
10. Iain then left the tent and was very sad on a hill.
11. It gets worse. Diana presented her Alaska swan.
13. And she got a very good review from Paul and Mary.
16. Iain, meanwhile, was forced to present his bin.
17. This is just too much.
18. It gets WORSE. Iain was last place and had to leave.
20. THE BRITISH PUBLIC EXPLODED.
23. Even though Sue Perkins made this point.
24. Even Wikipedia got involved.
25. There’s even a campaign, #JusticeForIain.
26. Even Iain himself tried to calm things down.
27. Our final thought?
28. Also remember this.
Diana, speaking to Free Radio, claimed “it didn’t happen like that”, and that the cake “was not out of the freezer for more than 40 seconds”. She blames bad editing, and says Iain doesn’t blame her at all for it.
The Telegraph reports that Diana has quit the show – although for reasons of illness, not because of the Bincident, according to the BBC. The show was filmed months ago, so her departure was unlikely to have anything to do with the national outrage over the melting cake. It does, however, raise the possibility of a dramatic return for Iain.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›