2. And to wash it down? SUNNY D AND BN.
5. We let them off though cos they had Neighbours.
RIP BBC Neighbours. 1.45pm and 5.35pm will never be the same again.
6. What else was different? Well Celebrity Big Brother had contestants who were actually celebrities.
7. Commercial TV channels showed Crazy Frog or ‘love texts’ adverts EVERY THREE MINUTES.
8. If you were outside the SE of England, were you able to ever get Channel 5? NO YOU WEREN’T.
9. Although you were later able to get this channel (and more) when digital TV came along. You only considered getting it because of the monkey.
11. Although you didn’t mind because ITV News being shite because ITV News presented by this man.
13. But you never watched the news anyway because you just used Ceefax to get your fix.
RIP Ceefax. We will always love you.
14. Or you bought and read the papers, which back then were basically all epicly huge broadsheets.
15. Or maybe you didn’t buy a paper. Maybe you bought Smash Hits! or The Face instead.
RIP. We will always love you.
18. You were still had one of these though, your main source of social networking outside of work.
BUT NOT UNTIL SIX PM COS THAT’S WHEN YOU GOT FREE CALLS.
19. But you were secretly desperate for these phones.
Nokia will last forever. I mean c’mon guys it’s invincible.
20. You also had an iPod, but back then it was so thick you had to wear trousers with a thick belt.
AT ALL TIMES.
23. Other tech inventions? They replaced swiping and signing with Chip & Pin. Retail was no longer a…
24. They also had the travelcard in London back then. They introduced Oyster in 2003. You were like…
25. And what else did we have in the early noughties? Oh that’s right MONEY. LOTS OF MONEY.
26. It was a time when we all smelled of fags because there was no ban.
28. A time when this television singing programme on BBC One was a crime against humanity.
29. A time when there were ‘real’ bands.
One Direction? Yeah whatever.