1. More people clicked on a story about a horse in McDonalds than Kate going into labour.
2. And more people read about Beyoncé’s hair being stuck in a fan than about Prince George being born.
3. More people read this I’m A Celebrity item than the breaking news that Thatcher had just died.
4. And more people read about a guy’s head stuck in a bin than Eric Hobsbawm’s passing.
5. What was more popular? Fukushima nuclear plant water leakage or post-pregnancy boobs? BOOBS.
6. A story of a man fending off attackers while holding chips attracted more clicks than the Pope’s resignation.
7. More people wanted to know about a kitten on the tube than how much MPs were going to be paid.
8. And then there are times when the Most Popular stories seem weirdly connected. Like this one…
9. And this one.
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›