1. More people clicked on a story about a horse in McDonalds than Kate going into labour.
Alastair Grant / AP and Twitter: @mattstokoe
2. And more people read about Beyoncé’s hair being stuck in a fan than about Prince George being born.
Peter Macdiarmid / Getty Images and Twitter: @samburnejames
3. More people read this I’m A Celebrity item than the breaking news that Thatcher had just died.
Mike Lawn / Getty Images and Twitter: @flashboy
4. And more people read about a guy’s head stuck in a bin than Eric Hobsbawm’s passing.
Wesley Hulton Archive / Getty Images and Twitter: @GLove39
5. What was more popular? Fukushima nuclear plant water leakage or post-pregnancy boobs? BOOBS.
Ruslan Kudrin at Shutterstock and Twitter: @ed_son
6. A story of a man fending off attackers while holding chips attracted more clicks than the Pope’s resignation.
Alessandra Tarantino / AP and Twitter: @BlackPlaques
7. More people wanted to know about a kitten on the tube than how much MPs were going to be paid.
Reuters Tv / Reuters and Twitter: @jonhew
8. And then there are times when the Most Popular stories seem weirdly connected. Like this one…
Ross Kinnaird / Getty Images and Twitter: @ThomasDixon2013
Scott Bryan is the UK entertainment editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
In The News Today