3. 60 Moments That Gave Me The Chills During Seattle’s First Day Of Marriage Equality
Matt Stopera’s photo essay from the first day of marriage equality in Washington state was incredibly moving.
18. All Of San Diego’s NYE Fireworks Going Off At Once
19. The Gathering Of The Juggalos 2012 Lineup
20. The Perfect Guide To Holiday Etiquette
23. BuzzFeed Editors Unsure How To Spin Petraeus Story Into Reason The ’90s Were Great
From November 12th’s edition of the Onion:
With Monday’s peak web traffic hours nearly over, editors at the viral content site BuzzFeed told reporters they were still searching for a way to incorporate the news of CIA director David Petraeus’s career-ending affair into a short article about why the 1990s were great.
24. David Carr on BuzzFeed in the New York Times
“With its mix of oddities, listicles and Web memes, BuzzFeed was at first something like The Huffington Post without the pretension of producing news and commentary. But in December, Mr. Peretti hired Ben Smith, the highly regarded blogger and columnist for Politico, to be his editor in chief. Right after he started in January, Mr. Smith broke the news of Mr. McCain’s endorsement of Mr. Romney for the New Hampshire primary. The message was clear: BuzzFeed was a player in news.”
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and Sen. Marco Rubio malfunctioned 🇺🇸
- Super Bowl 50 catch-up: The Denver Broncos upset the Carolina Panthers. And Beyoncé slayed her half-time show 🏈 👑