1. 1. You can hold a bottle and unscrew its lid simultaneously in one hand
5. 5. You’ve used Kimwipes as tissues, paper towels, napkins, and just about everything in between
6. 6. You think of temperature in degrees Celsius, not Fahrenheit
It’s 90 degrees outside? That’s deadly!
9. 9. You’ve become non-responsive to the fire alarm
Because research is so much more important than life itself, right!?
16. 14. You sometimes have to eat lunch in just a few minutes or skip it entirely because of the timing of your experiments
17. 15. You have arbitrarily mixed chemicals before (or have at least considered doing so)
18. 16. When measuring liquids while cooking, you check the meniscus to ensure accuracy
19. 17. You’ve been tempted to spray down your kitchen with ethanol
20. 18. You never set caps face-down on a surface, like this:
21. 19. You have an uncanny love for liquid nitrogen…
23. 21. You jump for joy when you get an already-trained student into your lab…
Because it means less work for you!
24. 22. No one understand what you do
And you gave up long ago on trying to explain it to people who will never understand…
26. 24. And you can even pronounce its name
(3 R ,4 R ,10 E ,12 E ,14 S ,26 R ,26a S )-26-[[2-(diethylamino)-ethyl]sulfonyl]-8,9,14,15,24, 25,26,26a-octahydro-14-hydroxy-3-isopropyl-4,12-dimethyl-3 H -21,18-nitrilo-1 H ,22 H -pyrrolo[2,1- c ][1,8,4,19]-dioxadiazacyclotetracosine-1,7,16,22(4 H ,17 H )-tetrone.