1. Traditionally, men will toss water on a woman of their affection.
Take that, wench! Er, future wife?
And not a single pieprzyć was given.
6. …Or swat them with a switch from a pussy willow tree.
In modern Dyngus Day celebrations, the affection (abuse?) is equal among the sexes.
Honestly, this one is unsettling.
8. The ladies have the chance to retaliate the next day, when its tradition to throw DISHES AND CROCKERY at their male suitors.
No word on whether or not men have taken to this practice in the spirit of equality. Chances are slim (we hope).
9. Polka. So. Much. Polka.
Its a Polish holiday, duh!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- A new study says there are 3 trillion trees on Earth — much more than previously thought. But we're losing them fast 🌳 ›
- The U.S. Army says it's removing restrictions on women attending Ranger School. Two soldiers became the first women to graduate from the school last month. ›