1. The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson is not like any other show.
Since he started ten years ago, the Scottish host has always done things a little differently, and reveled in it.
2. He’s not afraid to admit his mistakes.
Craig has always been incredibly honest and open about his struggles with drug and alcohol abuse. After almost committing suicide in Christmas 1991, he checked himself into rehab and has been sober since February 1992.
3. He’s always classy when it counts.
In 2007 when Britney Spears had her infamous meltdown, Craig refused to make jokes about her, instead delivering a speech referencing his own problems and stating that he wouldn’t attack someone when they’re vulnerable and need help.
4. He’s not afraid to address the hard stuff, either.
5. He even won a Peabody Award for excellence.
Craig’s interview with Archbishop Desmond Tutu was a sterling example of television.
8. He gives the best advice.
Every night with Craig is like an instant self-esteem boost.
10. AND a fake horse consisting of two interns in a costume.
Who’s that at the door?! SECRETARIAT!!!!
11. He often pulls up random guests from the audience and uses them in the show’s opening.
Oh, to be so lucky…
12. He’s into the same nerdy stuff that we all are.
Harry Potter, Dr. Who, Downton Abbey… Craig is king of fandoms.
13. Speaking of Dr. Who, Craig used to be in a punk rock band with the current Doctor.
That’s right. Craig and Peter Capaldi wore leather and played punk rock music together.
14. He even wrote a book about it.
In his autobiography American on Purpose Craig details his life and how he ended up hosting a TV show in America.
15. In fact, he loves America so much that he became a legal citizen.
Craig shared his journey to citizenship on his show, including his citizenship test. He even got a tattoo of Ben Franklin’s “Join or Die” cartoon.
16. He teaches you about geography in awesome ways.
Nobody does maps like Craig.
19. Craig always strives to teach us something with his show.
HOW WILL I EVER LEARN AGAIN.
22. He’s multi-talented.
Not only is Craig a hilarious, beautiful human being, he also is an accomplished musician (hence the band). He sings and plays the drums for the show’s opening theme song, plays the harmonica during the show, and also knows how to bust a move. And, aside from his autobiography, he even wrote a fiction novel called Between the Bridge and the River.
32. In conclusion, if you’re not devastated Craig Ferguson is leaving, you’re wrong.
I could add a billion more reasons why he’s the best.