“I’m sorry, ma’am; we don’t have a children’ menu. This is a gastropub.”
5. When a table pretends you don’t exist.
“Sir, I believe this is your clam chowder? Sir?”
“Sir? I’ve got your piping hot clam chowder here.”
6. When someone doesn’t tip for absolutely no reason.
You can’t afford to tip? Don’t eat out.
7. How even if a dish looks like this when you drop it off…
This is what it looks like when you pick it back up.
8. Not dropping things.
You may or may not have had a nightmare that involves a tray of martinis.
9. Finding things in the POS.
Look at how forced her smile is.
10. Cleaning. And cleaning. And cleaning.
Did I mention cleaning? Because cleaning.
12. That even if this is what the front of house looks like:
14. And how they believe if a customer sends something back or wants to modify an order, it is YOUR idea.
But how when something’s the kitchen’s fault, they’re all like:
“You are right, ma’am, that chicken is raw.”
15. That if you don’t speak Spanish, you can swear in it.
17. You eat it standing up.
And yes, you maybe eat it in the walk in.
19. The other servers, too.
Is there a phrase more evil than “tip pooling”?
20. Especially that one who’s letting the job get to her a little too much.
Though it is fun to bitch about your manager with her.
21. You pay everything, including your rent, in cash.
Taxes? What’s taxes?
23. You rock the sexiest footwear.
Yes, you’ve left work and gone out in these bad boys.
24. In all seriousness, though, being a server can be awesome, especially when you’ve finally closed.
Because nobody parties like people in the service industry.
- Thousands of rallies for climate change action were held around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris.›