1. The struggle starts right away, because you have to wake up WAY earlier for school than you would like. Like, at the crack of dawn.
MTV / Via goodreads.com
2. And then it continues at school. You probably read the Sparknotes, so you have to pretend like you actually read the book.
NBC Universal / Via quickmeme.com
3. There will also always be that one smarty pants in class who insists on being a showoff.
Warner Bros. Pictures / Via gurl.com
5. Scantron tests: More like SCAMtron tests, am I right?
Cartoon Network / Via quickmeme.com
6. Studying for the SAT is exhausting, even though you DGAF.
Pixar / Via daylol.com
7. Like, you’ll probably use “YOLO” as a justification for guessing on the SAT when you don’t know the answer.
MTV / Via mashable.com
8. Also, the internet is always distracting you from doing homework. Like, you probably should be doing homework now instead of reading this list.
Fox TV / Via teen.com
9. Then you have to worry about college applications, and they are the GOSH DARN WORST.
Paramount Pictures / Via fuckyeahreslife.tumblr.com
10. Also, everyone gets crazy, paranoid, and competitive when college applications are due.
Fox TV / Via tobejulietsecret.tumblr.com
11. Actually, just everything about getting into college in general.
MGM / Via spectrum.columbiaspectator.com
12. Mainly because just thinking about getting into college makes you scream and feel like a total failure.
Fox TV / Via confetti-paper-dolls.tumblr.com
13. High school sports, because they are crazy just in general.
Paramount Pictures / Via elitedaily.com
14. Then your social life is probably INSANE. Finding a date for prom is ALWAYS on your mind.
Fox TV / Via glee.wikia.com
15. And your romantic life? To call it an emotional roller coaster would be the understatement of the century.
Fox TV / Via glee.soup.io
16. Not to mention it’s MAD awkward when your parents start to ask about your dating life.
Pixar / Via fanpop.com
17. Finding the perfect outfit for school — and on a budget — is NOT easy.
18. You also have to deal with that one person in your friend group who no one likes.
Disney / Via confessionsofanolddisneyfan.tumblr.com
19. You have to worry about your friends screenshotting weird/ugly Snapchats you send them.
20. Passing your driver’s license test is stressful, because you don’t want to be a dweeb who can’t drive.
22. Really, you feel naked without your cell phone.
Nickelodeon / Via skinny-love.net
24. Actually, you’re probably just over puberty but your body is STILL the worst.
Fox TV / Via it.glee.wikia.com
25. Also, you’re always hungry. Like ALWAYS.
New Line Cinema / Via gif-database.tumblr.com
26. Despite this fact, there never seems to be enough food at home OR your mom doesn’t buy food you want to eat.
MTV / Via tomhiddles.tumblr.com
27. Your parents also are constantly yelling at you to clean your room because it’s a mess.
Warner Bros. TV / Via juleslikestohelp-rph.tumblr.com
28. When your mom walks into your room without knocking, it drives you INSANE.
Paramount Pictures / Via readtapestry.com
29. When you leave the house, your parents ALWAYS bug you about where you are going and what you are doing.
NSYNC Vevo / Via mesamiesmesamoursmesemmerdes.tumblr.com
Editor, 2009 Prom King of New Canaan High School