1. A couple days ago, pop seductress Lana Del Rey shared the artwork for her new single “West Coast,” from her upcoming album Ultraviolence. It was sultry and super West Coast-y, with Lana staring longingly on the beach.
2. If you were lucky enough to attend Coachella over the weekend, she debuted the track in full Sunday night.
3. And finally, this morning, she released a full, official version of the song. It’s amazing.
4. In some ways, it’s standard Lana fare. Her signature vocals are backed by a slow, moody track.
But unlike her earlier releases, “West Coast” has a rock-tinged vibe, possibly hinting at a fresh direction she may take with Ultraviolence.
5. Ultraviolence doesn’t have an official release date yet, but until then, you can listen to “West Coast” on repeat.
- Shannon Miles, who is suspected of ambushing and killing a Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy, was arrested Saturday and charged with capital murder. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›