1. A couple days ago, pop seductress Lana Del Rey shared the artwork for her new single “West Coast,” from her upcoming album Ultraviolence. It was sultry and super West Coast-y, with Lana staring longingly on the beach.
2. If you were lucky enough to attend Coachella over the weekend, she debuted the track in full Sunday night.
3. And finally, this morning, she released a full, official version of the song. It’s amazing.
4. In some ways, it’s standard Lana fare. Her signature vocals are backed by a slow, moody track.
But unlike her earlier releases, “West Coast” has a rock-tinged vibe, possibly hinting at a fresh direction she may take with Ultraviolence.
5. Ultraviolence doesn’t have an official release date yet, but until then, you can listen to “West Coast” on repeat.
- Chicago police chief Garry McCarthy has resigned after backlash from the police shooting death of Laquan McDonald. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲