1. A couple days ago, pop seductress Lana Del Rey shared the artwork for her new single “West Coast,” from her upcoming album Ultraviolence. It was sultry and super West Coast-y, with Lana staring longingly on the beach.
2. If you were lucky enough to attend Coachella over the weekend, she debuted the track in full Sunday night.
3. And finally, this morning, she released a full, official version of the song. It’s amazing.
4. In some ways, it’s standard Lana fare. Her signature vocals are backed by a slow, moody track.
But unlike her earlier releases, “West Coast” has a rock-tinged vibe, possibly hinting at a fresh direction she may take with Ultraviolence.
5. Ultraviolence doesn’t have an official release date yet, but until then, you can listen to “West Coast” on repeat.
- Greece appears to have voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.