1. He’s all over social media!
2. HE’S PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN.
Also, check out those abs!
3. He writes on the internet. Like, a lot.
4. The President LOVES him
University of Notre Dame President Fr. John Jenkins, that is. Fr. Jenkins quoted from Sam’s Observer column “Relocating Notre Dame” in his Homily at the University’s 2013 Commencement Mass. So 10,000 people were laughing at Sam’s jokes. It was AWESOME.
6. He’s a Renaissance Man — He was even named Mr. August in the 2013 Men of Notre Dame Calendar!
7. He’s great at multitasking.
Here he is on the phone in a Tony the Tiger costume while also posing for a picture. THAT takes skill.
8. He’ll go the extra mile … literally and figuratively!
He even ran his first half-marathon this year!
9. He’s not afraid to try new things.
Like the world’s greasiest pizza.
10. He’s mastered the art of the selfie.
Here he is with Manti Te’o at graduation. He’s even wrote about how to take the perfect selfie.
11. He’s passionate about lots of stuff!
Sam really likes TV (Downton Abbey, True Blood, The Hills, GIRLS, Mad Men and LOST are his favorites), movies (Mean Girls, James Bond), sharks, Ryan Gosling, Disney Villains, travelling and baking.
12. He’s not afraid to get his hands dirty.
Is that American Gothic? No, it’s Sam doing service work in West Virginia!
14. …But also works well independently.
Here he is interning at NBC last summer.
15. He works well under pressure.
Like that time he sunk the winning cup at college.
16. He’s always got a smile on his face.
Especially around cats!