Between Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray and the Williams sisters, we’re firmly in a golden era of tennis. So much so that the players can sometimes seem more like machines than humans.
But ahead of Wimbledon, let’s remind ourselves that tennis can still be an unpredictable game.
1. Like the time this guy killed a bird.
Yes, this really happened.
2. Or this game that went on forever.
Actually, it was 11 hours and 5 minutes played over three days by John Isner and Nicolas Mahut during Wimbledon 2010. The game ended 6–4, 3–6, 6–7(7–9), 7–6(7–3), 70–68 to Isner.
6. And sometimes, they’re plain hysterical.
These are professionals, remember.
7. In tennis, as in life, sometimes people fall over. Which is always fun.
11. Mind you, so does Wozniacki.
14. Or breaking your first one.
15. This guy decided to break his own face.
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›