For centuries mischievous behaviour has been celebrated in English folklore and literature, usually personified by the cheeky sprite Puck.
Puck was the lute-playing, pointy-eared fairy who knew that the devious side of human nature was worth celebrating, and that few things could lift the spirits like a well played prank.
His spirit lives on today, as exemplified by the following jokers…
1. This guy who hid in the fridge.
2. The girlfriend who poured Tabasco into her sleeping boyfriend’s mouth…
…Before watching him run into the toilet to drink from the tap.
3. The friend who knew what to do with the talcum powder.
8. Kudos to this boyfriend who pretended to cut a chunk out of his girlfriend’s hair.
Then held his nerve until she realised it was a hair extension.
9. Most of all, let’s celebrate the prankster who understands that a sleeping friend…
12. Or dressing up as a chainsaw wielding maniac to terrify your kids.
13. Because from age old classics like spiking someone’s drink with laxative.
- All charges have been dismissed against a popular protest organizer in Chicago. He was arrested Tuesday during protests over a video showing the police shooting of a black teen. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›