1. Fun House proprietor Pat Sharp is now 50 years old.
2. And while we’re at it, the twins are 40 (Melanie is a receptionist and Martina is an account manager).
3. If she were real, the Lara Croft of the original Playstation game would be turning 40 this year.
4. Hunter from Gladiators is now bald.
5. You will never buy a packet of crisps for 10p ever again.
6. Or drink a bottle of Panda Pops (it was discontinued in 2011).
7. Or eat Lucky Charms (unless you’re prepared to pay Selfridges £7.49 to import them for you).
8. Enough time has passed for B*witched to announce a comeback.
9. Today’s 18-year-olds have never heard this sound.
10. Or this one.
11. Or even this.
12. 2 Unlimited’s “No Limits” came out 20 years ago.
14. It’s been 15 years since World Cup ‘98 when a teenage Michael Owen did this.
15. And 10 years since David Beckham went through his headband phase.
17. Neil Buchanan from Art Attack is now 51 (and a singer in a heavy metal band).
Kevin Nixon/Metal Hammer Magazine via Getty Images
18. Ten years ago the Guardian homepage looked like this.
19. While 15 years ago, the Daily Mail website looked like THIS.
20. Ten years ago, these were the biggest-selling albums.
22. The Karate ‘Kid’ is 51.
Getty / Jon Kopaloff
YouTube / Getty
30. If you were 14 when the first Harry Potter book came out, you’re 30 now.
31. It’s been a whole decade since this book was released.
33. It’s been 10 years since Jonny Wilkinson won the Rugby World Cup with this kick.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›