This morning, ITV show Daybreak offered Twitter users the unique opportunity to put their questions to a very famous singer.
Richard Arnold is meeting Cheryl Cole today, so send him your questions using #AskCheryl now!— ITV Daybreak
But of course, they weren’t the only type of people to join in. Here’s some others.
1. The smug, I’m-smarter-than-a-pop-star Tweeter.
#AskCheryl What are your thoughts on quantum physics? And also, how do parallel universes work? Thanks Cheryl.— Amrik Virk
#AskCheryl What are your thoughts on stem cell research and the bioethics that surround this controversial topic?— Jason Green
#askcheryl hey Cheryl I’m really struggling in maths and I was wondering if you could explain stokes theorem to me? thanks x x x— Daniel
#AskCheryl What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen sparrow?— JFT96
#AskCheryl Whats your opinion on the rising price of pulses and how do you think it will effect the micro-economies of the grain industry?— Will
#AskCheryl with the water table at 1.5m (ysat=18kg/m^3, ydry=16kg/m^3), what is the vertical effective stress in the soil at a depth of 6m?— Ricky Hancock
7. The surrealists.
#AskCheryl Why does my TV have that funny stripe on the screen? Also, I heard you’re part robot, part human, is this true?— Megan Thompson
8. The out-and-out haterz.
#AskCheryl When are you quitting ‘singing’? Mwah.— PETER TAYLOR.
@Daybreak #AskCheryl do you agree that having no personality or singing talent doesn’t stop you from having a singing career— Chris Retallick
#AskCheryl when are you going to take singing lessons? They’re well overdue.— Tony Boney
#AskCheryl how are you a famous singer when my dog has a better singing voice then you?— Squidward Tentacles
12. The guy who gets straight to the point.
#AskCheryl Fuck off.— I FARTACUS â„¢ Â© Â®
13. The internet in-joker.
#AskCheryl Ed Balls.— Graham H
14. The Hopeful Romantics.
#AskCheryl Are you free this weekend?— Luke Finlay
#AskCheryl Do you want to meet up for a couple of drinks? :P— Jason
#AskCheryl How threatened are you by North Korea’s long range Nuclear capability?— William Healey
#AskCheryl How do you feel Sir Colin Davis should be remembered? Should he have a bigger funeral than Margaret Thatcher?— JFT96
#AskCheryl what’s your thoughts on the ever rising prices of Fredos?— Aaron Anthony Bowman
#AskCheryl have you ever punched a horse?— Aaron Shaw
22. The guy whose Mum is called Cheryl.
Why the fuck is #AskCheryl trending? Mums gone shopping and can’t answer your tweets right now. Sorry.— Mitch King
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.