1. Twerking: dance to popular music in a sexually provocative manner involving thrusting hip movements and a low, squatting stance
It is physically impossible for Miley Cyrus to go more than three minutes without twerking.
2. Phablet: a smartphone having a screen which is intermediate in size between that of a typical smartphone and a tablet computer
My father didn’t want to get me an iPad so I got stuck with this phablet.
3. Derp: used as a substitute for speech regarded as meaningless or stupid, or to comment on a foolish or stupid action
4. Selfie: a photograph that one has taken of oneself, typically one taken with a smartphone or webcam and uploaded to a social media
In hindsight I shouldn’t have taken that selfie at my grandfathers funeral.
5. Squee: used to express great delight or excitement
I couldn’t last more than a minute at that pet store without squeeing.
7. Vom: be sick; vomit
Had way too much nutella last night and now I want to vom.
9. Bitcoin: a digital currency in which transactions can be performed without the need for a central bank
All of my Reddit friends have invested their savings in Bitcoins.
10. FOMO: anxiety that an exciting or interesting event may currently be happening elsewhere, often aroused by posts seen on a social media
I was really sick but didn’t want to miss the Guster concert because I had major FOMO.
11. EMOJI: a small digital image or icon used to express an idea or emotion in electronic communication
If you want to spice up your text messages try adding some emoji smiley faces to them.
12. Fauxhawk: a hairstyle in which a section of hair running from the front to the back of the head stands erect, intended to resemble a Mohican haircut (in which the sides of the head are shaved)
Last night’s Guster concert was full of dudes with fauxhawks.
13. Girl crush: an intense and typically non-sexual liking or admiration felt by one woman or girl for another
After seeing Mean Girls I have a total girl crush on Tina Fey.