1. You can totally say you went to same college as one of the best college football players in recent history.
“FORGET THE HATERS, ‘CAUSE SOMEBODY LOVES YA.” - Tim Tebow
2. You get to go to school in weather that everyone else only sees while on vacation.
5. UF is the home of the largest student-run newspaper in the country.
6. Fun fact: UF has 12 organizations in its Multicultural Greek Council; this is more than FSU or UCF, which each have 9.
7. Not only is UF ranked the 14th best public university in the country…
8. …it’s also ranked the 6th in “party school-itude.”
9. Even Albert knows you made the smart choice in attending UF. (SORRY, EVERY OTHER COLLEGE IN FLORIDA.)
11. Plus, no one can make you stand up and holler like Mr. Two Bits.
12. Gainesville is home to many a fabulous food, but the best of all has got to be Satchel’s Pizza.
13. Do you need a caffeine fix? Because there are four Starbucks locations on campus that you can easily buy one coffee at and finish drinking while walking to the next.
Not that you should do that, of course. Also there are, inexplicably, three Subway locations; two of them are within a three minute walk of each other for no reason.
14. Gator Growl and homecoming weekend are like a giant, weird, lovely family reunion.
15. Between UF’s Relay for Life and Dance Marathon teams, the university raised well over $1,000,000 in 2013 for charity!
16. There is literally a Chipotle across the street from your main library. ACROSS THE STREET!
17. You no longer have to deal with this freaking statue anymore, so you should feel very lucky.
18. The infamous “Don’t Tase Me Bro” incident happened on campus, so you’re welcome, Internet.
19. And since it’s considered a “public ivy” school, that makes us both classy and available.
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Condé Nast has acquired Pitchfork, the independent music website and magazine, for an undisclosed amount. ›
- Marlon James has won the Man Booker Prize for his Bob Marley-inspired "A Brief History of Seven Killings." It's the first win for a Jamaican ? ›