1. Your party can, and will, be as calm as you’d like it to be.
3. You get to judge the crazy New Year’s specials on every channel to see what shenanigans go down.
4. Apple cider is SO EXCITING now because it’s ~*~SPARKLING~*~!
5. No need to bother with confusing overcoats because you’re staying in!
It also avoids the confusion of what to do with said coat once you ended up to a party. Awkwardness: eliminated.
6. It’s super easy to avoid watching people awkwardly countdown before kissing someone in a socially forced way.
7. Feel free to get as comfortable as possible, no matter where you’re spending the night.
8. No more worrying about how to get home! YOU’RE ALREADY HOME.
10. …and from around the world, thanks to the magic of television.
11. Maybe now’s the time to rent a romantic cabin to ring in the new year in a special way.
12. You can (at least attempt to) watch the celebrations from the comfort of your own bubble bath.
You deserve the finer things in life.
13. By staying home, you won’t have to go deaf in a crazy loud bar.
14. Excellent cell reception at your house means easily receiving texts from your exes and family members late at night.
15. None of that uncomfortable thing called “fashion” unless you’re down to put in effort.
In which case, seriously, good for you.
16. Use the opportunity to have a romantic date at home.
19. Going camping with your significant other is probably a really peaceful way to kick the new year off.
20. You can use your peace and quiet to make a list of resolutions for the next year.
Arguably, you may or may not keep them. But. That’s for you to decide.
21. Make bets on how uncomfortable comedian Kathy Griffin can make serious journalist Andersoon Cooper live on CNN.
It’s honestly the best part of every year.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- The world's record-breaking freediver, Natalia Molchanova, is feared dead after having disappeared while diving off the coast of Spain on Sunday.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island Saipan.