1. Mike Rowe, the beloved host of “Dirty Jobs,” adopted a new puppy over the weekend.
2. “Yesterday he was homeless, today he’s not, and this morning we’re getting acquainted,” he explained on his Facebook page. “All I know for sure is his teeth are sharp and he craps like a puma.”
3. “He is also nameless, which I’m hoping one of you will help correct. Call it a contest. Winner gets one of the attached photos, personalized by the dog.”
4. After over 86,000 name suggestions were thrown into the comments section, Mike decided on a new tactic.
5. The new strategy is called “Puppy-Poop Bingo.”
“I’ve got to run out for a few hours. When I return, we’ll have a winner. God-willing.”
6. And, yeah, they found a winner. Everyone, meet Freddie!
The rules of Puppy-Poop Bingo might be unclear, but as Mike said: “In the end, I deferred to the wisdom of the old chestnut, ‘It’s Not Where You Start…It’s Where You Finish.’ And the pup clearly finished on Freddie.”