1. Reddit user ObjectiveCopley wasn’t planning on adopting a dog this past weekend, but that’s precisely what they did.
“I went to Petsmart today to get some stuff for my hamster, and I noticed all these dogs lined up… I’ve been debating on a dog but kept telling myself “this summer.” Out of all the 20 or so dogs they had, this one stood out, he seemed sad and on display :( Super quiet, etc. I read about him and he is a 2-3 year old beagle mix. I opened his cage and started playing with him and he perked right up.”
2. One walk was about to change both of their lives.
“…The lady came over and asked me if I wanted to take him on a walk, and I said sure! He seemed happy he was out of that cage for sure…
Midway through the walk was a tree in a grass patch, so I sat down and played with him a bit and I knew I had to take him with me.”
3. He even got to pick out toys that were all his own!
“…after a small adoption fee, he’s mine! We went into the petstore and I wanted to se what kind of toys he responded too, I ended up getting him 6 toys that he grabbed at :)”
4. Riding in the car was no biggie at all.
“Here he is in my brand new car… he better feel special for being the first mess maker! (Shedding…), I went Target immediately and got a snuggie to go over the seat for the future.”
5. And look! He’s fitting right in with a nap at his new home!
“I took him on a few walks and we drove around town a bit, suffice to say he’s passed out. He hasn’t left my side and is sleeping under my computer table :)”