1. Subtlety is overrated. Spell out your love on your hands!
Use a toothpick or striping brush to make letters!
2. Or, show where your heart is with a cleverly placed flag of love!
3. Nothing says Oh Canada like a great Maple Leaf design
Look achieved with a stamping kit - Google ‘Konad Nail Stamping’, or ‘BundleMonster Nail Stamping’ to find patterned plates
4. Draw your leaves by hand if you’re steady under pressure
This is not for the faint of art (see what I did there?)
5. Check out this fab French-Canadian Manicure!
Sometimes I am even too clever for myself.
6. And this one too!
Nope, no idea how they got those leaves so perfect. Guessing stamps or magic.
7. Ok, leaves are hard. Take a look at these patterned pretties. Dots..
10. And fab houndstooth
Click the link for a FULL DIY instructional
11. Be a metallic maven with a foil leaf
Seal on a cutout with clear polish layers
12. Or join the gliteratti with stamps and sparkles
13. Bring on the bling with some tapered talons
14. Or some carefully curated crystals
15. Or get psychadelic with custom tie-dye
Google “marbled nail polish”
18. Add some subtle zigs and zags in colorblocked nails
19. Or highlight your half-moons with radiant red
20. Can’t pick just one design? Mix and match!
22. And don’t be afraid to overdo it- holiday nails are made for fun!
25. Alternately, go for the split with dual-personality nails
26. Not so into red? Go with a creative monochrome take, eh?
Hint: this design used tiny temporary tattoos
27. Won “Steadiest Hands” in the latest yearbook? Try this one on for size
Who’s an eager beaver now?
28. Full flag stamps make sure no one misses your message
29. Switch up the look with an unexpected white-on-red motif
30. Whatever design speaks to you, just go with it- it’s all about celebrating Canada, and your own awesome skills.
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›