3. YouTube reaveals it was actually just a contest to find the best video and is finally shutting down.
4. Google Maps is adding a treasure map feature.
5. Gmail is adding a much-needed “blue” feature.
6. And Google is adding a search-by-smell feature called Google Nose.
8. Scope released bacon mouthwash.
10. Justin Bieber fans are spending the day mimicking everything Justin says and does online.
11. And One Directioners are going to break up with the band.
12. Twitter is going to ban vowels and charge you $5 to use them again.
14. And Hulu is only advertising fake shows like Rural Juror, Itchy And Scratchy, or Inspector Spacetime
15. The Guardian released a new product that lets readers see only liberal or conservative augmented realities.
16. The Telegraph releases on article about a new “Lights Tzar.”
19. If you go to Digg and use the Konami code (up up, down down, left, right, left, right, B, A) the site will Rickroll you.
20. Canadian airline West Jet introduces their “furry family” program.
22. The White House released a video message from “Kid President.”
23. DeviantArt releases DeviantHEART, the online dating site for artists.
30. Subaru released a methane-powered car.
31. The Whole Foods’ Cattle Cam, which lets you watch what you eat eat.
32. Seamless is letting you upgrade your food deliveryperson.
33. Aer Lingus announced in-flight riverdancing, among other initiatives.
38. WNYC has peep-vision, which is activated when you type peep on the homepage.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️