1. After station 9NEWS in Denver discovered this Twitter account of Carly “CarlyCrunkBear” McKinney, a first-year 10th-grade math teacher, McKinney made the lewd account private.
2. But Topsy.com has a collection of her pot-smoking, NSFW tweets and pictures.
4. The 23-year-old teacher regularly tweeted about smoking weed and used hashtags largely associated with rave and drug culture, like #PLURVibes.
7. She told 9NEWS that while the photos were of her, she was unaware that her friend was posting them to the @Crunk_bear account.
8. McKinney told 9NEWS that the account was actually a parody that her friend was tweeting from, denying that she has ever brought drugs on to her school’s campus.
11. A representative from the Cherry Creek School District has confirmed, however, that McKinney has been placed on administrative leave.
13. The marijuana-related tweets are being taken the most seriously. While Colorado has legalized marijuana for personal use, it is still against the law to bring it on school grounds.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at email@example.com
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️