1. This is Katerina Christodoulou. She’s an English Literature graduate from the University of Essex who took out federal student loans and spent it all on plastic surgery.
2. The 21-year-old spent the $17,000 on her thighs, hips, and knees. An ex-boyfriend of hers chipped in for new breasts.
3. Christodoulou told reporters she’s currently considering a nose job and hopes to pursue a career as a model.
4. Under the British education system, students take a loan from the government and are then supposed to pay it back in 25 years.
5. What Christodoulou did was have her parents front the bill for school and then use the federally funded student loans on plastic surgeries. She said she considered using the loans on a deposit for a house.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- European leaders are holding an emergency summit today to discuss Greece's debt crisis.
- The deadline for a deal on Iran's nuclear program was extended again, to the end of the week.