1. You’re at work and you click your favorite site to see what’s going on.
2. And this is what you see.
3. And this is how you feel.
4. And you wonder how you’re going to procrastinate on the internet without it.
5. You might have to actually work.
6. You’re frustrated because you keep refreshing the page.
7. But the website is still down…
8. You just keep angrily hitting refresh.
9. You’ve got a meeting in 15 minutes and all you wanted to do was dick around on your favorite website.
10. But that error page just keeps coming up, mocking you.
11. Now the meeting’s in 5 minutes and at this point you don’t even care what’s going on but you’ll be damned if the website’s 404 page wins!
12. You hit refresh and the page starts to load, slowly, but it’s definitely loading.
13. It’s back up! The page loaded! Take that 404 page! You won!
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at email@example.com.
In The News Today
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›
- Three scientists who developed treatments against parasites have won the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. ›
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›