1. From the YouTube description:
2. “I got home from Afghanistan on February 3rd, 2013. I had not planned on seeing my daughter until the end of March for her Spring Break.”
3. “She lives with her mother in Alabama. So, I managed to take off after my reintegration was complete and on February 15th, I made a surprise visit to see my daughter.”
4. “It was perfect as my daughter was facing the other direction when I entered the room. I simply walked up behind her and touched her shoulders and whispered, ‘I bet you weren’t planning to see me today.’”
5. “Thats when she turned to me and screamed ‘daddy’ and broke down in tears.”
6. Watch the whole, heartwarming and wonderful video:
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.