1. Walmart shoppers recently noticed a somewhat troubling costume in the children’s section of the store’s Halloween aisles.
Uhh I don’t think I want my toddler being a ‘naughty’ leopard… But maybe that’s just me.
2. Some have argued that the costume itself is not “sexy” and doesn’t sexualize the little girls who wear it.
“@uberrae: Saw this at @Walmart . Really? This is for a toddler? ” your #naughtyleopard pic went viral @uberrae
3. But apparently the costumer backlash was intense enough for Walmart to pull the costume from its shelves and online store.
4. Walmart also released a statement to KATU about the costume:
It was never our intention to offend anyone and we apologize to any customers who may have been offended by the name of the costume…
5. Harm intended or not, the name combined with the context of other Halloween costumes definitely skeeved out more than a few parents.
Angry Bike Commuter
No thanks Wal-Mart, we should wait until she’s at least 3 before being a naughty leopard. W.T.F!
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.