1. This is Urban Outfitters’ new Vanguard Pitchfork Tee.
2. The symbol on it has been causing a stir lately because it looks an awful lot like this gang sign for the the Chicago-based gang that was started in the ’60s.
3. Salon was the first outlet to point out the similarities.
4. The Chicago Tribune recently wrote about the vicious of the GDs, which they referred to as Chicago’s biggest gang.
5. Last year, rapper Rick Ross had an incident with the gang when he namedropped Gangster Disciples leader leader Larry Hoover in a song of his.
6. Urban Outfitters is no stranger to controversy, most recently having to pull leggings from their store after it being revealed that the company lifted them from a small designer.
7. BuzzFeed has reached out to Urban Outfitters for comment.
Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!