2. The symbol on it has been causing a stir lately because it looks an awful lot like this gang sign for the the Chicago-based gang that was started in the ’60s.
4. The Chicago Tribune recently wrote about the vicious of the GDs, which they referred to as Chicago’s biggest gang.
5. Last year, rapper Rick Ross had an incident with the gang when he namedropped Gangster Disciples leader leader Larry Hoover in a song of his.
6. Urban Outfitters is no stranger to controversy, most recently having to pull leggings from their store after it being revealed that the company lifted them from a small designer.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- The main suspect in last month's bombing of Bangkok's Erawan shrine has been arrested, Thailand's prime minister says. ›
- Hundreds of people have arrived by train to Austria from Hungary on Monday, as European Union asylum rules collapsed under the escalating migration crisis. ›
- A video released on Monday shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man with his hands up. A witness sold the footage to a local TV station for $100. ›