1. Earlier last week, allegations surfaced that Rob Ford was seen smoking crack.
2. After those allegations broke, Ford is reported to have gathered his top advisors in a closed room to assess the scandal.
3. That’s when Chief of Staff Mike Towhey suggested Rob Ford enter rehab, though the mayor laughed it off.
4. The situation darkened on Wednesday of this week when Ford learned that he was fired as head coach of the Don Bosco Eagles, a high school football team he coached in his free time.
5. Ford announced Towhey was fired Thursday morning at city hall.
6. The mayor’s office has refused to comment about Towhey’s termination.
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford wouldn’t talk to reporters at a gas station, but he did take a selfie http://t.co/DfLCxZNlrp
7. Update: During a news conference on Friday, Ford denied using crack.
“I do not use crack cocaine, nor am I an addict of crack cocaine,” Ford said. “As for a video, I cannot comment on a video that I have never seen, or does not exist.”
- A judge set a $1 million bond for Ray Tensing, who was charged with murder for fatally shooting Samuel Dubose.
- The Taliban has appointed Mullah Akhtar Mansour as its new Afghan leader.
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday "very likely" belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.