3. That’s when Chief of Staff Mike Towhey suggested Rob Ford enter rehab, though the mayor laughed it off.
5. Ford announced Towhey was fired Thursday morning at city hall.
6. The mayor’s office has refused to comment about Towhey’s termination.
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford wouldn’t talk to reporters at a gas station, but he did take a selfie http://t.co/DfLCxZNlrp
7. Update: During a news conference on Friday, Ford denied using crack.
“I do not use crack cocaine, nor am I an addict of crack cocaine,” Ford said. “As for a video, I cannot comment on a video that I have never seen, or does not exist.”
- The battle to replace Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, who died Saturday, is expected to elevate the role of the court in an unprecedented way.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates had their nastiest debate yet in South Carolina 🇺🇸
- And "Deadpool" made $135 million this weekend, the best U.S. debut for an R-rated film. That's a lotta chimichangas 💵