1. Bouchra Bagour is currently on trial in Avignon, charged with glorifying terrorism for sending her son to school in this T-shirt. It reads “I am a bomb” on the front and “Jihad: Born On September 11” on the back.
2. Bagour defended the shirt, claiming she just wanted to make note that the birthday of her son — who’s actually named Jihad — is September 11th. She claims she did not intend to reference the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
3. Bagour faces up to five years in jail and fines of as much as 45,000 euros ($57,000) if she’s convicted. Her attorney is currently asking that the trial be postponed until next year due to complications.
- An explosion that killed 12 people in Tunisia's capital is being labeled a terrorist attack. The country's president has declared a state of emergency. ›
- A Chicago police officer was charged with murder for shooting black teen Laquan McDonald 16 times in 2014, killing him. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›