1. According to Reuters, Snowden had a profile on a now defunct website called Ryuhana Press:
2. From the Reuters article:
But the website of Ryuhana Press, a now defunct start-up that had sold anime art, offers a glimpse of Snowden as a youth. As its web editor, Snowden’s profile page is a mix of truth, sarcasm and silly jokes.
For example, he listed his correct birthday - June 21, 1983 - and noted that it falls on the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year. But he also claimed to be 37 years old and to have fathered two preteen children.
3. Using Way Back Machine Twitter user @nelikli was able to find a profile matching Reuters’ description.
5. Twitter user @nelikli is also saying this is a photo of Snowden form the same time period.
6. Twitter user @mattnewsherald found even more glamour shots that Snowden took.
- Greece won't pay the International Monetary Fund the $1.8 billion it owes on time, paving the way for a formal default.
- Liberia has reported its first Ebola death since the country was declared free of the virus in May.
- At least 30 people were reported dead after a military plane crashed into two houses in a residential neighborhood in the Indonesian city of Medan.
- N.J. Gov. Chris Christie, a Republican who's faced political fallout from the "Bridgegate" scandal, is running for president.