1. A huge sinkhole opened up under Jeff Bush’s bedroom last Thursday, swallowing him alive.
2. Officials have finally given up hope of finding Bush’s remains and are now filling in the hole with crushed rock.
3. Demoliton crews are working to raze the house, recover what’s left of Bush’s possessions and try to stabilize the shaky ground surrounding the 60-foot deep hole.
4. Florida is especially prone to sinkholes because much of the state sits atop a layer of easily dissolvable limestone rock.
5. The sinkhole situation in Florida is exacerbated by weather patterns shifting quickly from dry to wet.
6. Urban sprawl and well-water drilling have also contributed to the increase of sinkholes in Florida.
7. Many experts agree that “sinkhole season” has just begun.
- Civil rights attorneys filed a lawsuit seeking a court order for footage of the fatal shooting of Jamar Clark in Minneapolis.
- Robocalls from John Kasich's campaign to voters on a do-not-call list sparked complaints to New Hampshire's attorney general 🇺🇸
- And Red Lobster got a sales boost after Beyoncé mentioned the chain in her latest song, "Formation." 👑🍤