1. This is Yoda. He fell off a truck on his way to a slaughterhouse. Luckily the people in the car behind him saw him fall off the truck and called animal control.
2. He ended up at the Wishing Well Sanctuary in Bradford, Ontario — which seems like a pretty nice place for a young piglet with a new lease on life.
3. The sanctuary wrote about Yoda coming to stay with them on their Facebook page.
It is always so heart warming when a community gets together to make a difference a one little soul. Thank you so very much for everyone’s support, it truly is heart warming. This is a pic of the piglet having a bath at the animal control shelter to ensure that there is no grit or asphalt in any of the injuries. Once a bath was done some oinkment was put on the wounds. (Sorry couldn’t resist). When he arrives he will be very stressed and quiet overwhelmed so visitors to the open house will be able to peak but very quietly so as not to scare him. Welcome home little man
5. The sancutary wrote that Yoda, other than suffering a few scratches from the fall, was in good shape.
7. Here’s Yoda a few days, later looking much healthier. According to CBC, the sanctuary plans to keep Yoda and make sure he has a nice long life at the farm surrounded by all other kinds of friendly wildlife.
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›
- [A boat packed with mostly African migrants bound for Italy sank off the Libyan coast on Thursday and officials fear over 100 people might have died, Reuters reports. ›] (http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/27/europe-migrants-libya-idUSL5N1125D320150827i)