1. This screenshot from Iran’s Press TV, broadcast on January 28, 2013, shows an Iranian scientist holding a monkey the Islamic Republic is claiming they shot into space.
2. The only details Iran has released about the monkey’s mission is that he was sent up in a Pishtam rocket and reached a height of 72 miles.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›