1. This is the website for Europa Multiclub in Rome:
2. Above Europa Multiclub lives Cardinal Ivan Dias, one of the most vocally anti-gay cardinals in the Vatican, who has called for a cure for the “unnatural” gay community.
AFP / Getty Images
3. The Vatican recently spent $30 million buying the properties surrounding Europa, giving Cardinal Dias a 12-room suite above the gay bathhouse. Eighteen other Cardinals live on the block.
4. Europa Multiclub, described by the New York Post as a “gay Xanadu,” heavily advertises papal-themed bear nights on its website.
5. Here’s a slightly NSFW video advertising Europa’s Subwoofer Sauna Nights, featuring a burly gentleman dressed as a priest who proceeds to *ahem* defrock:
7. From Europa Multiclub’s digital tour on its website:
11. As for what the club is actually like, the reviews online aren’t terrific:
12. This isn’t the first questionable Vatican purchase in recent memory either. In 2011, the Vatican bought a publishing company with extensive catalog of erotica novels.
Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!