2. Above Europa Multiclub lives Cardinal Ivan Dias, one of the most vocally anti-gay cardinals in the Vatican, who has called for a cure for the “unnatural” gay community.
AFP / Getty Images
3. The Vatican recently spent $30 million buying the properties surrounding Europa, giving Cardinal Dias a 12-room suite above the gay bathhouse. Eighteen other Cardinals live on the block.
4. Europa Multiclub, described by the New York Post as a “gay Xanadu,” heavily advertises papal-themed bear nights on its website.
5. Here’s a slightly NSFW video advertising Europa’s Subwoofer Sauna Nights, featuring a burly gentleman dressed as a priest who proceeds to *ahem* defrock:
7. From Europa Multiclub’s digital tour on its website:
11. As for what the club is actually like, the reviews online aren’t terrific:
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding an independent fact-finding mission into the deadly U.S. bombing on its Afghan hospital. ›