1. White Flint Mall in Montgomery County, Maryland first opened in 1977.
3. And when it originally opened it was a pretty big deal.
5. In 2011, however, the owners of the mall called it quits, announcing it’d be closed down and demolished by 2014.
7. The blogger behind the site Duck Pie got to walk around the mall’s food court, and it’s as strange as it is pretty.
9. According to Gizmodo, there are dead malls like White Flint all over the country. RIP malls.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.
- Dozens of people inhaled balloons full of laughing gas outside British parliament in protest against proposed drug laws.
- An Ohio man is suspected of fatally shooting his neighbor in the face before running her over with a lawn mower.