1. White Flint Mall in Montgomery County, Maryland first opened in 1977.
3. And when it originally opened it was a pretty big deal.
5. In 2011, however, the owners of the mall called it quits, announcing it’d be closed down and demolished by 2014.
7. The blogger behind the site Duck Pie got to walk around the mall’s food court, and it’s as strange as it is pretty.
9. According to Gizmodo, there are dead malls like White Flint all over the country. RIP malls.
In The News Today
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›