1. Ari Voukydis was on Jeopardy facing a doozy of a final Jeopardy question when he decided to say, “Screw it,” and do something we’ve all thought about doing.
2. So, Alex Trebek posed this question (or “answer” in the Jeopardy parlance) …
3. And Ari realized he was stumped. For the record, the answer was Alfred Nobel.
Ari’s answer went viral Friday, and as it turns out, he works for BuzzFeed! So we decided to ask him what it’s like to end up an internet sensation.
“The funny thing is I haven’t actually seen the episode,” he said.
He says he didn’t prepare the joke ahead of time, he just needed to put something down.
“As soon as I realized that I wasn’t going to be able to win no matter what I said for Final Jeopardy, I figured I may as well use the 30 seconds of Jeopardy think music to come up with a joke,” Ari said. “So I could at least lose on my own terms.”
Way to go, Ari! The whole internet also thinks you’re a pretty handsome guy.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›