1. This is Brent, he’s a 37-year-old chimpanzee and he recently won a Louisiana art contest. The art contest was for chimps only and Brent won $10,000 for his sanctuary.
2. The handlers at Chimp Haven, where Brent lives, told The Associated Press that Brent couldn’t be reached for comment because he was asleep. Artists, am I right?
3. The competing paintings were voted on by 27,000 people, including famed Chimpanzee researcher Jane Goodall.
AP / Meredith Lee
Here Are The Top Stories
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who arrived on scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave, and their body camera footage has been released.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.
- Atlanta police are searching for two white men who were caught on security cameras placing Confederate flags at a historic church.