1. Max, 25, told reporters he’s spent $3,100 to transform himself into someone who looks Korean.
2. Max, who now goes by Xiahn, has had 10 plastic surgeries to his face.
3. He said the inspiration to transform himself into someone who looked more Korean came after spending a year in South Korea as a student.
5. South Korea has the highest rates of plastic surgery per capita in the world, with many Koreans going under the knife for all kinds of procedures. Brazil is close behind them, with the fourth-highest plastic surgeries per capita rate.
6. Xiahn told reporters that while he may look different, he still feels Brazilian.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here Are The Top Stories
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️