1. Photos of an employee licking mashed potatoes in a KFC kitchen made their way to a Tennessee news station’s Facebook page.
2. KFC would not name the employee, but in a statement sent to WJHL, the Johnson City news station, they did announce that she had been fired.
3. From KFC’s statement:
Nothing is more important to KFC than food safety. As soon as our franchisee became aware of the issue, immediate action was taken. The franchisee’s investigation confirmed the photos were taken after the restaurant was closed and none of the food was served. The employee involved was immediately terminated.
4. The lesson here would be, if you absolutely postively have to lick people’s food in the back of a KFC*, don’t take photos.
*ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NEVER LICK PEOPLE’S FOOD IN THE BACK OF A KFC.
We've got your WKND covered.
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›
- Pope Francis has opened a three-week synod where bishops will discuss family issues. This comes a day after the Vatican fired a high-ranking priest who came out as gay. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 19 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›