1. Nikki is 235-pound Siberian tiger that was having her physical last week.
2. When Nikki went under the gas the Oregon Zoo brought in a dozen children who were all visually-impaired, and a few who were completely blind.
3. According to The Wall Street Journal, a lot of the children were surprised at how rough Nikki’s fur was.
4. Ten-year-old Zoe Christian-Parker said Nikki’s paws smelled like sweaty feet.
5. Programs like this allow visually-impaired children to learn more about animals.
6. But it also lets the children socialize with other children with similar disabilities.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.