1. The Jersey Shore boardwalks in Seaside Heights and Point Pleasant Beach have been closed for the last seven months.
Ribbon cutting ceremony. The Jersey Shore is ready!!!
3. Friday morning the area finally reopened, just in time for the Memorial Day weekend.
RT@todayshow Great sign in our #TODAYatJerseyShore crowd this morning. #JerseyStrong The Jersey Shore is Open!
All the hubbub surrounding @mlauer’s interview with Gov. Christie. https://t.co/4JU5Us8QF4
5. The ribbon cutting ceremony was filmed for NBC’s “Today” show and hundreds people from the community came to watch.
If this whole journalism thing doesn’t work out, maybe I could do this. #todayattheshore
7. Governor Christie will be acting as “promoter-in-chief” for a series of events all weekend, hoping to boost tourism in the area.
.@todayshow’s @EricaRHill and @OurNameIsFun’s Jack Antonoff take a lovely stroll on the beach. #TODAYatJerseyShore
9. Vinny and DJ Pauly D from The Jersey Shore, of course, stopped by.
It wouldn’t be a #Jersey shore show without…
11. New Jersey suffered $37 billion worth of damage from Hurricane Sandy, with 360,000 houses and apartment units affected.
RT @GovChristie The Ribbon has been cut & the sun is coming out just in time for @ournameisfun #TODAYatJerseyShore
13. Not all of the area is back up and running, however, areas like Casino Pier are still being restored.
15. Friday morning’s ceremony ended with a Fun. concert. Fun.’s guitarist Jack Antonoff is originally from New Jersey.
17. And then the whole event ended in a legendary moment for New Jersey history:
When @GovChristie met @Snooki. (photo: @vivinyc) #TODAYatJerseyShore