1. Toni Christina Jenkins is a 19-year-old waitress at a Tennesee Red Lobster and she claims that over the weekend a pair of customers wrote a racial slur on their receipt.
2. A photo of the receipt made it online, and instantly started causing outrage.
3. Jenkins posted about the reactions the receipt was causing on Sunday night.
5. As the picture went viral, however, many began doubting the validity of it, accusing Jenkins of making it up for attention.
6. Jenkins eventually deleted the receipt from her Facebook page, which she had originally posted with the comment “God Bless America, land of the free and home of the low class racists of Tennessee.”
7. Disgruntled Facebook users have begun commenting on the page belonging to the the location that Jenkins works at.
8. Some angry that she chose to post the receipt in the first place.
9. According to an interview that Jenkins gave The Daily Mail, the receipt is real.
Miss Jenkins described the few minutes on Saturday afternoon as she served the couple who left the racist receipt as particularly strange.
“They were extremely rude, but I introduced myself to them and they didn’t respond. When I came to take their order they simply told me they wanted their food and to put everything in a to-go box. I offered them dessert but they told me abruptly that they just wanted the check.”
“When I went back to the table they had gone and left the receipt and had written the comments.”