1. This is Caisen Green, an 18-year-old from Cherokee County, Oklahoma. He and his family are currently receiving death threats for a gruesome picture he put on Facebook.
2. Over the weekend Caisen posted this photo of a pit bull with an arrow through its stomach on his Facebook.
3. It caused a firestorm of outrage on Facebook and many are now calling for Caisen’s arrest:
Caisen and his family have reportedly moved out of town amidst death threats. The photo has since been taken down, but there’s a Facebook fan page dedicated to preserving the photo so people know what Caisen did. The Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office is currently investigating the legality of shooting the dog. Also, very little details are known about the dog or its owner.
Cherokee County Undersheriff Jason Chennault told the the Muskogee Phoenix:
“One of the patrol deputies called me and wanted me to know about it. I met him at the sheriff’s office and he showed me the picture… It’s a gray area. If the dog is threatening livestock or your well-being, you can do what you have to do stop it. I’m going to do my best to get everything done this week.”
- Greece won't pay the International Monetary Fund the $1.8 billion it owes on time, paving the way for a formal default.
- At least 30 people were reported dead after a military plane crashed into two houses in a residential neighborhood in the Indonesian city of Medan.
- President Obama has announced a new rule that would expand eligibility for overtime pay to millions more Americans.