A number of porcupines huddled together for warmth on a cold day in winter; but, as they began to prick one another with their quills, they were obliged to disperse. However the cold drove them together again, when just the same thing happened… In the same way the need of society drives the human porcupines together, only to be mutually repelled by the many prickly and disagreeable qualities of their nature.
-German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer
3. A spiny little bear monster
5. But cannot give it or receive it
7. Making its way through life like all of us
9. Misunderstood, best kept at arm’s length
10. But loving nonetheless
11. Sometimes we hurt those close to us
13. Affectionate but dangerous
15. And so we soldier on
17. Deep down we’re all cuddly and warm
18. So won’t you consider the porcupine?
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates will debate at 8 p.m. ET in New Hampshire, ahead of Tuesday's primary 🇺🇸