2. ABC7 Eyewitness News reported a school shooting at Taft High School in Southern California Thursday morning.
4. One student was flown to a hospital in Bakersfield. Classmates are making unverified claims on Twitter that the victim is stable, but in a medically induced coma.
Paramedics transporting a student wounded during a shooting Thursday Jan. 10, 2013 at San Joaquin Valley high school in Taft, Calif. Authorities said a student was shot and wounded and another student was taken into custody.
5. A second student was treated at the scene with uspecified injuries, but refused further medical assistance.
Paramedics assisting a student wounded during the shooting.
6. Brian Ries, Senior Social Media Editor for Newsweek and The Daily Beast, collected chilling tweets from students inside Taft High School.
11. This is the second school to evacuate due to a gun-related incident this week.
On Wednesday, a Chicago teen was arrested in school on Wednesday after he was found with a revolver and ammunition:
A 13-year-old boy was arrested after he brought an unloaded revolver and ammunition to his South Side school and stored them in his locker, authorities said.
The Chicago Tribune is reporting that the revolver and bullets were found in his locker after students told authorities there that he was carrying weapons. He was also found with a 3-inch folding knife on his person.
12. Later today, Vice President Biden will sit down to discuss gun safety with members of the NRA
The Obama administration is sitting down with gun owners groups — including the National Rifle Association — as officials look at ways to curb gun violence.
Vice President Joe Biden, who is leading an administration-wide review of gun safety laws, has vowed urgent action in the wake of last month’s massacre at a Connecticut elementary school.
Officials taping off an area outside San Joaquin Valley high school in Taft, Calif., Thursday Jan. 10, 2013.