1. Remaining members Chili and T-Boz announced that they will be taking the stage this summer as TLC for the first time in a decade, at Mixtape Festival.
Photo taken November 3rd, 2012.
2. After Monday’s announcement, chatter immediately shifted to how the group would be acknowledging the fact Lisa “Left Eye” Lopez, who died in 2002, was not with them.
3. Rumors have been circulating for a few years about whether or not TLC would ever use a hologram Left Eye, which T-Boz didn’t rule out on an episode of HuffPost Live.
4. Strangely enough, though, T-Boz and Chili have already performed with a projection of Left Eye, back in 2003:
“In a tribute to Lisa, TLC gave one final concert in June of 2003 at the Zootopia concert in New York’s Giants Stadium where Tionne and Chilli performed on stage to 60,000 fans in front of a video screen playing videos of Lisa performing the same songs right along with them.”
5. Predictably, the Internet is up in arms about the idea of a TLC reunion without Lisa “Left Eye” Lopez.
12. Fans are also pretty weirded out about the idea of a hologram Left Eye possibly performing with them.
14. Angry fans or not, TLC are reuniting this summer, whether or not they decide to use a hologram of Lisa “Left Eye” Lopez, though, remains to be seen.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›