1. Washington County councilman Matt Staniszewski sent this email out to everyone in Washington, PA who had signed up for the emergency alert system.
2. Mayor Brenda Davis reprimanded Staniszewski for the email during a City Council agenda meeting Monday morning, calling it “inappropriate.”
3. Matt Staniszewski, however, has defended the email, claiming he meant “happy.”
4. One thing Staniszewski did admit was that he did not know the system was no longer in the testing stage.
5. Jimmy Kimmel lampooned the incident, saying Staniszewski’s response was fine, “if you are in the fourth grade.”
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at email@example.com.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who arrived on scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave, and their body camera footage has been released.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.