1. Washington County councilman Matt Staniszewski sent this email out to everyone in Washington, PA who had signed up for the emergency alert system.
2. Mayor Brenda Davis reprimanded Staniszewski for the email during a City Council agenda meeting Monday morning, calling it “inappropriate.”
3. Matt Staniszewski, however, has defended the email, claiming he meant “happy.”
4. One thing Staniszewski did admit was that he did not know the system was no longer in the testing stage.
5. Jimmy Kimmel lampooned the incident, saying Staniszewski’s response was fine, “if you are in the fourth grade.”
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- The second pilot who was ejected from the downed Russian warplane near Syria's border Tuesday is alive and has returned to base, Russian officials say. ›
- And it's been 100 years since the anniversary of Albert Einstein's general theory of relativity. ›