1. Washington County councilman Matt Staniszewski sent this email out to everyone in Washington, PA who had signed up for the emergency alert system.
2. Mayor Brenda Davis reprimanded Staniszewski for the email during a City Council agenda meeting Monday morning, calling it “inappropriate.”
3. Matt Staniszewski, however, has defended the email, claiming he meant “happy.”
4. One thing Staniszewski did admit was that he did not know the system was no longer in the testing stage.
5. Jimmy Kimmel lampooned the incident, saying Staniszewski’s response was fine, “if you are in the fourth grade.”
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- The World Health Organization says new cases of Ebola in Sierra Leone and Guinea hit the lowest point in more than a year last week.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island Saipan.