1. Popular photoblog Humans of New York posted this picture today on their Facebook, which already has over 20,000 shares:
2. With this caption attached to the photo:
I am a street photographer in New York City. Several months ago, I was approached by a representative of DKNY who asked to purchase 300 of my photos to hang in their store windows “around the world.” They offered me $15,000. A friend in the industry told me that $50 per photo was not nearly enough to receive from a company with hundreds of millions of dollars of revenue. So I asked for more money. They said “no.”
Today, a fan sent me a photo from a DKNY store in Bangkok. The window is full of my photos. These photos were used without my knowledge, and without compensation.
I don’t want any money. But please SHARE this post if you think that DKNY should donate $100,000 on my behalf to the YMCA in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn. That donation would sure help a lot of deserving kids go to summer camp. I’ll let you guys know if it happens.
3. People are now sharing the Facebook photo all over the comments of DKNY’s posts:
4. DKNY hasn’t made an official statement on any of their social media channels, but the comments are pouring in. So far DKNY’s Twitter has been silent on the matter:
- At least nine people in Colorado Springs were injured in a shooting near a Planned Parenthood clinic, officials said. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›